Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ups and Downs

So I've decided that I found a pattern. My abdomen hurts more in the morning and gets better usually over the course of the day. And my lungs/diaphragm hurts less in the morning and gets worse over the course of the day. I think the diaphragm pain gets worse because I do things, causing me to breathe more and use the muscle more, causing irritation in whatever it is that's in there...probably endometriosis. I say probably because there's no definitive diagnosis without surgery. They just think that's what it is...but who knows. I'm hoping it is so the Lupron will fix it! :)

I think my abdomen hurts more in the morning from my bladder. I've noticed that my entire pelvic area hurts as I empty my bladder in the morning (too much again? yes, I know). I think going from a full bladder to an empty one is doing something to my abdomen, possibly pulling on adhesions or scar tissue or something? It's pretty excruciating right away, I usually have to curl up in a ball for a little bit right after I go to the bathroom when I wake up...but that gets better, and then doesn't hurt too bad any other time I go to the bathroom, usually. Strange strange. And I can tell it's getting a little worse right now, I'm assuming from the Lupron. Assumptions all over the place today. Just trying to piece it together at this point. I have no idea what to say to the question "how are you feeling?" lately. At least not to the people who actually want to know how I'm really feeling. Normally it's just "Good! Doing better!" But for those who I know are interested, I'm confused as to what to say. I've very hopeful the Lupron will work, I know that much!

Lupron Journal:
Having some trouble falling asleep lately! And then I'm totally exhausted in the mornings. I'm feeling more light headed today and yesterday, and the chest and abdomen pain are a little more intense at times (5/6).

I'm so lucky I have the absolute best boyfriend in the history of mankind to take my mind off everything, and give me a reason to giggle. He really is my reason to avoid grumpiness every day. I just adore him. PLUS, he's wicked helpful with my new diet. The boy's a health nut, I've decided. Now I just have to get him to kick dairy, and we're in it together. ;) Aw, just kidding.

2 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

That's great about your BF! My hubby loves meat and food too much. I have a hard time with diets because it's hard to fix for two separate people.

My bladder does that-in the AM or when it's REALLY full. It doesn't hurt to the extent you are describing, but, it's very uncomfortable. Like a pulling...full feeling.

Amanda and Tim said...

Ouch you poor thing - I've been thinking of you as I know the first few weeks can be very confusing as to what is happening in your body. I know how hard it is to know what to tell people - my manager suggested after a long chat with her yesterday that I tell the team what is going on so I don't have to lie and say I'm feeling fine all the time - but how do you begin the conversation of what is going on? It's time like this when I am most aware how very little society knows about gynaecological problems - so I do feel for you in wondering what to tell people *hug*