Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Endocrinologist and Lupron Nerves

My appointment today with the new Endocrinologist was pretty good. He was interesting, very quiet, and had some good ideas. I got an ultrasound and the nodules on my thyroid are just about the same size as last year, so no worries there. But upon explaining all of the abdomenal pain and discomfort recently, as well as the fatigue, he started asking some other questions that really opened my eyes. He asked about any dizziness upon standing- yeah, crazy amounts lately. He asked about my skin- way dry lately. He asked a few more questions that reminded me of some strange symptoms I've been having and then told me that adrenal gland problems are connected to abdominal issues. He wants me to do some testing for my adrenals, and a bone density scan. I had high cortisol levels a couple of years ago, but we overlooked it. We'll see what these tests have to say.

Well, I'm pretty nervous about the first Lupron injection tomorrow morning. I really wish Ben was here right now. He's across the country, thousands of miles away. I haven't seen him in three days, the longest we've gone without seeing eachother since I had my laparoscopy in California about 4 months ago. He comes back late Friday night, and I can't wait to have him back here. He takes such good care of me, and I always feel better when he's around. I don't know how he does it, but Ben can make me smile no matter what's going on. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I promise!

My diet's going pretty well. I found some delicious new snacks. First, there's the "Enjoy Life" brand soft baked chewy chocolate chip cookies. Really tasty and allergy aware. I found some Amy's frozen meals that were pretty good- mexican casserole and asian stir fry. All gluten-free. I'm loving hummus right now, and I found some Nut-Thins crackers that are tasty and gluten-free to dip. I've been eating berries like it's my job as well, yummy!

I'll keep posting on how the Lupron goes. Wish me luck, I really hope my body handles it well. I need a break! :)

1 comment:

Amanda and Tim said...

I am thinking of you loads right now - I hope the test results come back ok and that your lupron injection goes well. I am here to talk any time you want.

Whilst I'm off work I will also get round to typing up a few more recipes for you if you like? I'm glad you're finding lots of tasty snacks to replace the wheat-based ones.

I truly do hope that the Lupron works well for you *hugs* Keep us informed.