Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dynamic Blog Duo!

So Ben is helping me blog tonight, because there's something I think he needs to get off his chest. Let me explain. Say we go back about three hours. I had just gotten to Ben's place after a courageous three hour day at work. Ben, after spending eight grueling hours at the office, got home before I showed up. He was on the computer. I sat on the couch. He remained on the computer. I watched some tv. Ben...sat at the computer. I got sad. Ben stayed on the computer.

Now, this was all in my head. Ben was sitting at the computer working on something after getting up to greet me, yelling from the kitchen several times that he missed me, and that he loves me, and then finally finishing quickly so he could come sit with me on the couch. We proceeded to chat about our days. Happy time.

In my head, we were chatting, and then Ben dropped the absolute worst bombshell known to mankind. He was taking a day off of work when I had to be in the office...for the entire day. He was going to be at his house, and I was...for the first time in weeks...not going to be there. I was devastated.

In Ben's head, we were chatting about our days. Happy times.

So I sank into a deep trecherous hole of a depression. And then I felt the right side of my body go numb because he was squishing me on the couch, cuddling me. So...I proceeded to tell him that he was making me very mad, and of course, that I wanted to kill him.

Ben was no longer having happy time.

Flash forward about twelve and a half seconds and we were laughing about the whole thing. I was obviously totally joking. On the other hand, as Ben so aptly reminded me a few seconds ago...maybe I should think twice before threatening his life. Point taken.

So when I sat down to write a blog about three hours after this fateful event, I asked Ben what I should blog about. "Lupron!" Quite the proclamation. "What about it? Have you noticed any side effects Baby?" hahaha! I absolutely adore his response: "Well, you threatened my life for the first time ever, that might be a side effect". Sad sad sad.

But at least we can laugh about it. ...and that's why I have the best boyfriend in the entire world.

4 comments:

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

awww....that's so sweet ! I'm so happy for you , that you have a boyfriend that understands what you are going thru and is there for you...it makes all the difference! So, how is Lupron these days?

Amanda and Tim said...

The things our men have to put up with - T and I had an argument last night about juice - not just about juice but whether it had been sealed or not and who had first opened it. It was ridiculous and normally we'd haveshrugged it off - but it became such a big thing to me because in my head he didn't ever believe me and I felt so sad. This is not the first time I have cried over nothing and poor old T has born the brunt of the hormonal craziness.

I'm so glad you have a caring and understanding boyfriend to help you through all of this!!

My Endo Journey said...

LOL-ahhhhh, gotta love the swings :)

nanapama said...

Mood swings are easy to see from the outside, but impossible to see from inside your head. Don't you wish you had a little friend, like Jiminy Cricket, to whisper into your ear, "It’s not him, it's just a little change in hormone levels that is causing a neuron synapse to fire at the wrong time that is making you think it is him." Oh well, I'm so glad that your Ben is in on this and can understand what is happening during this "Lupronestria".