Saturday, November 8, 2008

Back to Normal...ish

So Ben's back now, and I feel like my life isn't on hold anymore :) I like that. I really hate it when he leaves, that's definitely a good thing. And he hates it too...that's even better! hehe!

I've been feeling, well, off lately. Yesterday I had a massive breakdown at work, but it was due to a talk I had with my "mentor", a supervisor in my department. She thought I needed to talk to my direct supervisor about the possibilities of being held back from my accelerated program at work due to my lack of being there. Everyone else has been super understanding, and she was too, she just thought that maybe I should find out what my options would be. But she made the idea of being pulled out of the program to wait for next year seem very real, and that freaked me out. So I had a massive breakdown in a conference room. Then I sucked it up and went to talk to my supervisor. She was completely awesome and told me that I've been a high performer, and that's what's shining through now. She said she wants to play it all by ear, take it one step at a time. She said the last option would be to pull me out of the program, only if I thought I wasn't getting enough out of it or if I felt I wasn't performing well. So I feel better about it, and I'm still positive that the Lupron is going to help!

I also called my surgeon and spoke to one of his fellows about the rectal bleeding, and she was completely unconcerned about it. She said if it continues, I should see a GI, but that she doesn't think it's related to the endo because the surgeon checked and nothing was there. So I'm a little confused, but I'll probably see a GI soon.

I've been getting sick after pretty much every meal. Love that. But I'm getting used to it now, so that's good! :)

Lupron Journal:
I don't think the Lupron is doing much to me so far. I haven't taken the add-back therapy yet because I just got the perscription for it, but I've stayed on my BC so far. I stopped spotting yesterday, and started again today. So I don't know what to do about that. I have been noticing a little more feeling of light headedness lately (2/3) but have no idea if that's related to the Lupron or what was going on before with possibly my ardrenals. We'll see! And the pain in my lower right abdomen and under my rib cage is definitely still there, maybe getting a little worse right now (3/5 depending on the moment).

1 comment:

Amanda and Tim said...

Ack sorry to hear about the chat at work with your supervisor - that's exactly the kind of meeting I'm dreading. I am SO glad that your direct supervisor is looking more positively on it all!

Yay that Ben is back - enjoy yourselves today :o)