Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Ramblings

I got a CT scan today of my chest to see if they can find any signs of endometriosis in there. I think it's interesting that they're going to be looking for tissue build up on the CT scan to diagnose endo. I mean, doing surgery in your lungs to diagnose is obviously a little more risky than a laparoscopy of your abdomen...but I still don't see why they can use a CT of the chest and not a CT of the abdomen. ??? Well, the pulmonologist stated that they could see small excess tissue that would point to endometriosis...so I guess I'll believe him. I have the CT films in my car...I wish I could read that stuff myself. I see the pulmonologist on Monday for my pulmonary function test and then a follow up on the results to both. I'm having a much easier time breathing now a days, so I don't know what's going to turn up. But that pain in my diaphragm is still very present.

Lupron Journal:
Other than my little freak out last night, I think I'm doing alright on the Lupon so far. Slight increase in pain in both my abdomen and diaphragm, but like I said- easier time breathing. Today I didn't have much of the pain from my bladder, but had just diffuse pain all over my lower abdomen all day (4). And then once I went and did the CT scan and had to take several deep breaths, the chest pain and tightness got worse. Chicken or Lupron, people? I have no idea.

I'm excited for a little weekend time with Ben. No work, all play! I'm going to try to meet up with my coworkers for lunch tomorrow too! I had an absolute amazing meeting with my supervisor's supervisor yesterday that left me feeling so blessed to be at my company. Almost everyone is incredibly supportive and very optomistic about my future at the company. I got great feedback! I'm thinking more and more about taking the management track and becoming a people leader. I love working with people, and I'm a talker...so I think that will fit me. I'm still keeping my options open, but this supervisor seemed to think I had a fast track ahead of me, and that I was going places. Now it's just up to my health to let me get there! Stop holding me back, body. I've been there for you for 25 years, help a sister out. ;)

Ok, sidenote. I've had a lot of time on my hands to do some reading. I went to the bookstore the other day and picked up "The Last Lecture". If you haven't already, get it. Read it. Live it. But make sure to read slowly over some of the short pieces in the back, let them sink in. I was blown away by the simple truth splashed amongst the few pages in this little book. I still have about 15 pages left, but I can't wait to open it up again every time I have to close it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel lonely once I've finished drinking in the wisdom of this book. I'll read it over and over I'm sure.

3 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

Wow! Well, I'm so sorry about their suspicions. I hope the Lupron is helpful!! I guess extra tissue in your lungs is easier to see than in your abdomen (there is SO much down there!)-just the nature of the organ? Did they have to use contrast (a shot right before the scan)?

Hope your weekend is going well! :)

Amanda and Tim said...

Gosh sorry to hear what the CT showed up but also glad you have a bit of an answer - let us know how your test goes.

Glad to hear you're breathing easier and the Lupron is working well so far for you - I really am!

And so great to hear about your work - go you!

Alex said...

Unfortunately, that doesn't surprise me at all... I had Endo all up on my diaphragm and we're pretty sure thats what caused my rib/breathing pain. :( So sorry to hear you are going through all this... I did a 6 month course of Lupron and it did relieve the pain tremendously.My biggest problm was insomnia, so if you continue having probs with that, talk to your doctor and see if they can give you something to help you sleep. I was terrified of having to go on Ambien or Lunesta because f the potential of getting addicted, but instead they put me on a high dose anti-depressant called Elavil (Amitryptiline is the generic) that when taken at bedtime actls like a sleep-aid. It was AMAZING and I was able to go off of it cold-turkey, no probs!

Good luck to you and I'm glad you have such a great support system! I hope to hear that the Lupron is working for you!