Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!

It's been a little while since I've blogged, busy birthday weekend for my absolutely amazing boyfriend. The man deserves a little TLC after all I've put him through. And it's only just begun... ;) Haha! No no, I think I'm on the up and up. I think.

This weekend was great, I got to do some of that jumping up and down stuff I was talking about on Friday. Ben and I went to the Cardinals vs. Giants football game on Sunday and had an absolute blast. I decided to go off of my gluten-free existence for the day to celebrate with Ben, and that was a huge huge mistake. At this point, I think the gluten-free, soy-free, lactose-free diet is really contributing to my decreased pain. Because I was in miserable shape Sunday night. I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, ridiculously tired, and very much irritated at the fact that I brought that wonderfulness on myself. They say Lupron increases your appetite. I'm gonna go ahead and agree with "them". I ate a hot dog, nachos, chicken strips, french fries, licorice, and two beers, in the span of four hours. MY WORD! Yes, point and scowl in disgust. I deserve it.

After a short nap and one enormous hot flash, we met up with my family and had Ben's birthday dinner at a really tasty, very expensive restaurant by my parent's house. Yeah, I ate all of that before the big birthday dinner. Can I please blame it on the Lupron? Otherwise that's just disgusting. I started feeling a little better and was able to enjoy dinner, so that's good.

Today was Ben's actual birthday and we've had a blast so far. But it's time for me to go cook some gluten-free spaghetti. :) Happy Birthday Baby! I love you.

Lupron Journal:
I woke up with some of the old cramp-like feelings but they went away pretty quickly. I made it through a whole day at work again, and my ribs started hurting around 3:00 (4). I also started what seems like the beginning of a period. Will see what that turns into?? TMI, I know. :)

2 comments:

nanapama said...

Happy Birthday Ben. Do you really know what you are getting into? I mean, I know she is sweet, and cute, and funny...but about those hot flashes. Are you ready for this?
Love ya

Amanda and Tim said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Ben!

Wow I cannot believe how much you ate!! I had no appetite whatsoever when I was on the injections and actually lost weight. Weird how it affects people so differently...