Saturday, October 25, 2008

Glorious Weekend

Mainly glorious because I don't have to feel guilty about not being at work, and I get to hang out with my amazing BF all day long :) I mean, he should really stop going to work too. Sympathy sick days? haha!

I'm feeling alright today, I only went to work for a couple of hours yesterday for a meeting, and started feeling pretty sluggish near the end of it. I've been getting super light headed at times lately, I think maybe from a lack of exercise or movement? But I also started getting super sweaty during the meeting, like I was gonna pass out or something. So I just left afterward and laid down for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Today's been better so far, still feel fragile in my abdomen- like I can't stretch or move around a lot, or I can't push on my abdomen without it hurting. I know, so don't push on it! Ha, but I mean, shouldn't I be able to push on it without it hurting?

Tonight is my dad's birthday dinner! We're going to a fancy restaurant and sitting at the chef's table, having the chef's menu, and my diet is going OUT the window. I've been doing a really good job, no wheat, dairy or red meat at all for a while now. So I'm stoked for a little treat. And the best is that I have no idea what it will be. I love chef's menus! If they think it's good, I'll trust the chef. Delish!

I'm getting SO anxious about the Lupron shot. I haven't heard anything yet, and I want to get this thing started. I'm just going to talk myself out of it if they don't hurry up. And since the pain is starting to get better, I don't want to feel like I made the wrong decision by going with the shot. But I've heard that the Lupron is a really good thing for the endo, no matter how bad it hurts. Plus, it's not like I'm 100% or anything, I still couldn't go for a walk or dance by any means. And I really need to get back to actually exercising. That's when I'll feel healthy again.

I think I might try to lay out in the sun a little today. It's gorgeous outside, and I hate being pale. It's amazing what a little color on your skin will do for the ol' self esteem! :)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

ReadyGo,

Plesae see my Lupron comments on your 10/23 post's comments section...

In my humble opinion, the bottom line is it's your decision and you should try to follow your gut...

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

ReadyGo,

I was going to email you but I don't see an email address listed for you...

So I just wanted to let you know that I've had endo for 26 years (I'm 39 now)... and if you are looking for info on endo, you might find something helpful on my blog.

My email address is listed on my blog if you had a question for offline.

Otherwise, please feel free to post a comment on my blog. I write about far more than just endo (despite my blog's name: Jeanne's Endo Blog).

I have so many chronic illnesses that I write about almost all of them at some point. (Many of them are correlated to endo in studies and my "non-endo" posts are often appreciated by my "endo patient readers" since they have lots of illnesses too)!

Feel free to visit my blog if you get a chance. :) I hope you feel better...

Take care,

Jeanne