Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grocery Shopping

So I made it to work yesterday! Yes, it wasn't until 1:30 in the afternoon, but it was still good to get out and feel normal for a bit. I'm gonna do the same today, go in after lunch and get a little work in. Should be good...and my co-workers still remember me. :)

I don't know why, I can't understand it, but the pain in my chest and shoulder is getting worse again. I'm on continuous birth control, so it shouldn't be doing the cycle thing like it was when I was off the pill. It hurts all the time, but for the last three months it gets much worse during my period. Well, now it hurts worse and I'm not on my period. I mean, I guess I technically should be if we're counting, but I'm doing continuous BC. Weird. Maybe it's because I've been trying to do a little more activity. I was hoping that's not it, because I really really want to move around more. But this is making it difficult. I miss exercise dag nabbit!!!! Ben gave me a shoulder rub last night that made it go away at that moment. But as soon as he stopped digging into my shoulder it came back. And my chest feels tight. I'm trying not to get psycho about it, but I'm wondering if it's something else. I got a chest x-ray and a CT scan of my chest and all was normal. So doc says that it has to be endo. Argh! But why would it make my chest feel tight, like I can't get enough air?

Alright, onto more uplifting news. I went grocery shopping last night! And I found a new snack for the endo diet who craves some sweet deliciousness- Pamela's Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I mean it just rolls off the tongue! ;) They're not rock hard like most wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free treats. They do contain a bit of Soy though, so if it's a no-go for you on the soy track, watch out. But it's not much, so I went for it. I mean, moderation, right? I also loaded up on organic fruit at the g-store and bought some organic chicken and turkey meat. I'm still loving hummus dip from TJ's, and for my lazy moments- Trader Joe's Mushroom Rice Noodle Soup Bowl is totally a craving fixer. I crave salt like mad for some reason, and this helps. I tried the Fig Newman's (wheat free, dairy free fig newtons) and while they're comical, not my fave.

Alright, gonna go get ready for work. I talked to one of my supervisors last night at work about everything that's been going on with me and she was really understanding. She even had me write some of the words down like Lupron, Diaphragmatic Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and Hashimoto's disease so she could look them up and do some research for herself. I love that. More people should learn about endo and these other diseases that are so common for women, but go unspoken in so many cases. I was embarrassed about it all when I was first dealing with it. I wouldn't really talk much about it, let alone mention the word infertility to any of my friends. But now I think it's so important and therapeutic to talk about it and educate others. I feel for all of those women and girls who don't know where to turn. I hope they find some answers, and figure out that they're not alone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so inspiring !

Amanda and Tim said...

I'm sorry to hear the pain is getting worse. For me, on the mirena, I started getting pain and cramps even when I wasn't having my periods and it's getting worse even though the bleeding is very minimal which is why they put me on the injections as it has to be the endo causing the pain. Sometimes, it seems, you don't need to have a period for the endo to play up - and mine gets worse when I should be having one if I weren't on BC. So I really feel for you on this one! Any more news on the Lupron or your feelings on it?

Also, I found that after a few months of completely wheat-free diet I could occasionally buy foods that had trace amounts of wheat in (i.e. crisps that has wheat in the flavouring, soup that had a tiny bit of wheat in to bulk it out) and as long as I didn't eat these things all the time and the amount of wheat was minimal I was ok. So I agree, anything in moderation :o)

Hope work went ok and your supervisor found out some helpful things in her search!