Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nearly Monday Already???

That dreaded question: will I be able to make it into work? I'm feeling ok today, had a couple of bouts of bad pain there for a bit after lunch but that's it. I had a burrito bowl, no tortilla, just chicken, black beans, rice, salsa, and lettuce. I thought that was pretty good! I don't know why I would have felt sick afterward. Sick and sharp pain. Weird. Well anyway, I think I'll be ok to go to work for at least a while tomorrow.

Now for the good stuff. Last night was Awesome! We went to Christopher's and had a delicious six course meal that I honestly didn't want to end. Started with a seafood platter and foie gras in some form that I couldn't write out if I was forced. Loved all of that. Then onto the first actual course of french onion soup that rivaled the onion soup I had in...France! Still not quite that wonderful, I mean, I took a picture of the onion soup I had in France. I wanted a keepsake. Yeah, that good. But this onion soup was the best I've had in the states by far. Onto the second course of a bib lettuce salad with a light viniagarette, topped with sweet oranges and green apples. Then we had the best course of the meal- seared scallops that I just wanted to curl up with. Seriously, I'd roll around in them if Christopher wouldn't mind. Succulent. Then we had truffle infused filet mignon encrusted with ground pink peppercorn. Not as good as the scallops but really delicious still. Then a course of artisan cheeses, some sort of humble fog something or other and a brie that was really soft and velvety. I felt guilty about eating this course the most...but moving on- our final course was a chocolate tower filled with the most unbelievable chocolate mousse I've ever had. So airy but also rich and dense. I can't even describe it correctly. Just go, eat it, you'll see. :) And in a side note that is only a side note because of my undending guilt- we had wine pairings with each course. If you only knew. I could cry about it right now, but I'm commanding my hormones; locking it up. Delicious!

Ok, back to the actual reason for this blog. That was a scrumptious little break though, wasn't it? :) So, I'm going back and forth again about the Lupron. Thanks to Jeanne's blog, (which is on my blog list- check it out, she's very informative and has been through the gamut) I got to hear a blogtalkradio session about endometriosis and some really interesting facts and ideas. Lupron definitely wasn't talked about nicely, but a lot of the main feedback was that it would be much better to do continuous birth control pills...which I've tried and haven't responded to very well. I don't know, still rolling it around.

Hopefully I won't have much time to roll it around and will get a call soon. For now, it's day by day- get to work when I can- try to live normally! :)

3 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

Sorry the decision is so daunting. Believe you me, I was the same way when I decided. Even when I had decided I was still going back and forth. It's a decision that you'll need to make unfortunately :( I hate when people can't tell me what's best!!! Have you talked with your Dr. about your concerns? Might be best to voice them and see if he/she has anything knowledgeable to say. You can ask them how many times they've given this; what's the percentage of people who have bad reactions; how long have patients been able to stay on, etc. I took a whole laundry list of questions in with me!

Good luck! Oh, and that was such a delicious post...if my tummy wasn't hurting so icky right now...mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Jeanne said...

I'm glad the blogtalkradio seminar was helpful!

I wish you the best of luck making your Lupron decision.

There are so many factors to consider: is there any family history of osteoporosis or depression?

Have you tried various BCPs (not just the ones that didn't work well for you but others too??)

Have you tried various alternative medicine options? How severe is your daily pain? The list goes on and on. Follow your gut.

It's your body and, ultimately, only you can decide what to do.

Hang in there!!

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Hi!

I am posting this comment about the topic of 'endometriosis in the media'. I’ve been blogging a lot about this because I’m concerned that the public is receiving misinformation about endometriosis.

I’m asking bloggers I know who have endo (and others) to blog about this and sign my petition too. I’m planning to send petition to Oprah and “The View”. I'm hoping to get enough signatures to submit the petition to them late this week.

Petition:

"Creating Awareness & Understanding about Endometriosis"

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/endometriosis-awareness-understanding.html

***ANYONE*** wishing to help the endo cause can sign this petition… We have signatures from the US, the UK, South Africa, and Puerto Rico so far...

Please see my blog for details on the misinformation in the media last week following endo diagnoses for 2 contestants on "Dancing with the Stars".

Please share the link above with anyone you think might be interested in creating awareness & education for endometriosis!

Thank you!!!

:)

Jeanne
http://www.endendoat.blogspot.com