Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend's Almost Over.

Sunday night is never my favorite, thinking of the week to come. But for the past three weeks I haven't made it to work for more than a few hours a week. So it's a strange feeling Sunday nights nowadays. Always a fight, should I try to go in? Will I just have to leave? Will I break down and make a fool of myself? Will I be in pain?

The cyst ruptured last Monday evening, and my wonderful boyfriend had to carry me into his apartment for a mad rush of vicodin to mask the all-too-familiar pain. I stopped going to the ER for the ruptures a while ago, it's a bite down and bear it situation now. It had been a while since I had one rupture and I knew this one was coming, so it made it better that I was prepared with vicodin on hand and Ben knew what to do. I hate that he has to deal with that.

But the aftermath of the cyst rupturing is a rough thing, it's just so uncomfortable. Mine was hemorrhagic this time, so it's blood in my abdomen I'm fighting now. That makes it a little more inflamed, and quite a bit more irritating. Speed bumps, sitting down too hard, sometimes even walking feels like I'm paying for it. I'm just waiting for it to re-absorb into my body now, and I think it's on its way.

Friday night Ben and I went and had some sushi for dinner, and woke up Saturday morning feeling like I took a kick in the gut from a horse. Saturday night we went to my parent's annual wine tasting party, where I let the alcohol act as my vicodin for the evening. Never a bad idea in my book.

After about twelve bottles of water I woke up sans hangover this morning, but still feeling like I needed to track down that horse and give him a piece of my mind. But over the course of today it's gotten a little better. I think this week will be better.

I'm still waiting for a call from Dr. RH, unfortunately. She told me she definitely wouldn't make me wait for her over the weekend, so I'm a little disappointed. This isn't the first time I've decided to believe a doctor, to only be disappointed. But I'll hold out and give it a second chance. I need a doctor out in AZ! No more phone appointments with the surgeon as my main appointments. I think it's important to see someone in person.

I'm still waiting also for word on the Lupron. They said it can take three weeks for the insurance to approve it so I can get started. I'll be taking the add-back therapy also, especially because I have some bone trouble already and a slight calcium deficiency. Gotta be careful!

2 comments:

Amanda and Tim said...

Hi, I am so sorry to hear all that you have been going through. I was diagnosed with endo at the age of 21 (but started on birth control pills at 15 for the pain) and am just about to start on zoladex injections (which sound very similar to Lupron - I think it might just be the UK equivalent). I have no idea what stage my endo was - no one ever told me, all they said was it had affected my ovary and fallopian tubes. But I know it wasn't as bad as yours - and I feel so sorry for you because I know how much agony and heartache I have felt with mine and cannot imagine it being any worse than that.

I don't blog about my endo on my personal blog because I know too many of the people I have worked with read it to be comfortable doing that - but I do have a private blog which I'm happy to share the password with you if you'd like to pop along. I think anyone who blogs so openly about what is going on is very brave and thoughtful and I completely understand the need to blog about something like this. It is such a shame when something can affect your life so much and yet it is such a "taboo" subject.

I hope today is a better day for you.

Ali said...

Glad you are taking the add back. I think it really helps!