Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Can't think of a title...

I'm feeling alright today. I had some trouble breathing again in the afternoon, felt like I had to struggle to get air in. But it's not horrible, and I'm thinking about going to the gym actually tonight!! This will be my first time at the gym since the week before my surgery, which was in JULY! Crazy, I used to be an athlete, and a dedicated one at that. It's pretty intense what this disease can do. I'm a completely different person than I was, both inside and out. I need to get back to that girl who could do anything. The one with confidence, with power, with good self esteem and goals for each day. I need to feel worthy again.

It's so important to remember baby steps, though. When I'm feeling good, I want to take over the world. But I have to take it one step at a time or I'll crash and burn. No crashing and burning allowed!

Lupron Journal:
Have some little cramps going on here and there, but manageable (2) and that deep breathing thing. My diaphragm doesn't hurt as bad as it has recently, so I'm super stoked about that. I stopped bleeding finally and I'm confident that I'll be on the up and up now that that's over. My face is also clearing up now...which might even be better than the decreasing diaphragm pain because I get so freaked out over not so lovely skin. I'm funny like that.

2 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

I went to the gym tonight too! I needed the emotional pick me up. My diaphragm is bothering a bit now, but, I am feeling better overall. I need to do this more consistently!! Hope it went well!

Amanda and Tim said...

Sorry I haven't commented in what seems like forever - we went away and I didn't have access to blogs and then T just started work so it's been all go. I'm so glad to hear that the Lupron seems to be working so well for you and you're finally feeling well enough to think about going back to the gym - I am so pleased for you!