Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blah! :(

What a horrible day. I just dropped Ben off at the airport for his week long trip back home...without me. I mean, I don't think it's normal to be this sad about a few days without someone. But alas, I get to go visit him and his family the day after Christmas. So I'm excited about that, and a little white Christmas time as well. Although, it has been really cold here in Arizona, so it feels more like winter which is nice.

To add insult to injury, I've got a cold. Sad sad sad. I started feeling bad a couple of days ago but just at night. And with my ridiculous sleep patterns, I haven't been getting enough shut eye. So I think my body just gave in. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by Christmas.

I still can't stop thinking about this cortisol/aldosterone situation. MRI is on Tuesday, I wish Ben could be there. But it's not that big of a deal...I've had so many MRI's before, just never on my head. I wonder what the contrast will be like, I've had contrast injected via IV...I'm guessing that's what they'll do.

I had a rough time yesterday morning and the night before with my moods...but I'm getting them under more control every day. Right now my biggest concern is the weight gain- but a lot of that is from a lack of exercise. A few walks here and there won't combat my increased hunger!!! I'm seriously hungry alllllll the time. That's something I know will be hard for me to control. I'm a foody. So far I've gained about 7 lbs since I started Lupron 5 weeks ago...but my clothes don't fit me at all. And my face is so much rounder!!! It's awful. I'm sure it's not all the Lupron, I've been stressed out, I haven't been able to exercise, and well- I like to eat. Ben and I are gonna buy bikes for Christmas though, so I'm still hopeful.

3 comments:

preed said...

Lipro: that sucks; MRI: I've had it for the head, no problem; your boyfriend: he's a gem.

Amanda and Tim said...

Sorry to hear you're away from Ben for the next few days - I used to hate being away from Tim and wished last Christmas away just so I could see him again!

Hope the MRI goes well - I shall be thinking of you!

As for the weight gain - it sucks doesn't it? I actually lost weight on the Zoladex/Lupron but I remember putting on tons of weight when I was on some tablets or other (I forget which) when I was in Russia and having the horror of only just being able to squeeze into one pair of trousers. That was horrible - and it makes you feel so down about yourself. But remember it is just the hormones!!

Anonymous said...

hormones suck at making you gain weight! Hope the bikes help!