Monday, January 12, 2009

A couple of days later...

I got my third Lupron injection five days ago...and it's made quite the difference this time! I've had a bunch more hot flashes in the last five days, and almost every night I've woken up totally sweaty. It's not fun. But manageable. And I'm starting to feel a little relief, ladies!!! Wait, what? Am I really admitting that Lupron may actually have some sort of function? Yes, yes I am. So far, the last few days have been pretty good. I even started EXERCISING!! I know, take a moment to re-read if necessary. Exercising! Ben and I went out to the park with a frisbee on Saturday and I had to run to catch it quite a few times. And it wasn't hurting too bad. So we decided, this might be it. We should take advantage of it. So we went for a little mini run together Saturday afternoon. And then woke up Sunday morning to go out for another mini-run. We're using the Couch to 5k running program off of the Cool Running website: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I have the podcasts on my iPod and I tell Ben when to start and stop each interval. It's really great for starting a running program with injuries or if you haven't run in a long time...or ever. This is my third time starting the program- I've only finished once. But I have high hopes! :) I also went to the gym tonight for a little more cardio and some upper-body weight lifting. I did low weight, high reps. I don't want to overdo it, but I really feel like I need to hit the ground running (literally) in order to get going on working out again. Otherwise, I'm just going to get back into the "it hurts and I don't want to feel that pain again, so I'll just lay here on the couch where I know it feels ok" routine.

I have my appointment with my endocrinologist tomorrow to look more into my adrenal stuff...and hopefully find out why I have those awful exhaustion swings. We'll see if anything showed up on my pituitary MRI. The lab never sent me the results like they said they would. So who knows. I feel like I would have gotten a call from the doctor by now though if they found something. So it'll probably be another "well, everything looks normal now, so you're fine" doctors appointment. But I'm not gonna just leave the office. I want to find out why I would have high cortisol and aldosterone. And why every once in a while I feel like my muscles are complete mush and my energy level is totally missing. Eh, unanswerable? Maybe.

Lupron Journal:
Gained another couple of pounds since my last post. Have had a couple of bad mood swings as well. Plus, more hot flashes, and night sweats are becoming a regular. But I've seen a decrease in the pain up under my rib cage, and less pain around my right ovary as well. I still have pain in the mornings when I urinate, probably a lot of endo around my ureter like before. Ugh. No migraines or anything though! :)

3 comments:

Amanda and Tim said...

Oh you don't know how happy I am for you that things finally seem to be picking up! I am so glad you feel more normal and able to do things you want to like exercise :o)Good Luck with the running programme - I can't run - I have hypermobile joints and every time I try running my knees give way and I fall flat on my face lol. Cycling is my exercise of choice :o)

Good luck with your next appointment too - I'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the Lupron journey! I'm glad it's working out for you! They would never let me try it because of my migraines :-(

It's a good thing it's working for you, though. It's nice to be able to exercise and shed some weight. Keep healthy and happy!

My Endo Journey said...

HOORAY for relief!!!!

And, THANKS for the weblink. I tried that MANY years ago...I LOVE the podcast feature!!! :) We have been wanting to try to run a 5K coming up in April. I think we'll try too!!! :)